“A smile doesn’t mean happiness”
A Doll's House by Henrick Ibsen
Director: Nicholas Thoroughgood
Assistant Director: Rylee O'Rourke
December 9 to 19, 2020
Things are never what they seem; a smile doesn’t mean happiness - a laugh, entertainment – a signature, power.
Nora Helmer, smiles all the time. She laughs, she hums, she dances. She’s a song bird, a squirrel, a spendthrift. Life is a wonderful thing in the eyes of Nora Helmer. She loves her husband. She’d do anything to protect him - she’d lie for him and die for him. But could she ever let him do it for her?
Nora finds herself faced with a secret that could destroy her marriage and her husband’s career. But is that a bad thing? Things are never what they seem. A miracle is on the horizon, but it must never be allowed to happen.
Approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes including a 20 minute interval.
Tickets: $25 (full); $20 (concession)
Group Concessions 10+: $20
Season Tickets for 2021: $65
Special discounts for large groups over 20 – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Bookings are open and you can book online or call 0466 332 766 (10 - 2 daily).
Please note that tickets are general admission only. Due to COVID restrictions reserved seating is unavailable.
Anna Lambert - Nora Helmer
Lachlan Fairhall - Torvald Helmer
Hannah King - Christine Linde
Carl Gregory - Nils Krogstad
Campbell Knox - Doctor Rank
Emma Saxby-Tisdell - Helen/Anne
Evenings at 8:00pm:
Wed 9, Fri 11, Sat 12, Fri 18, Sat 19
Matinees at 2:00pm:
Sat 12, Sun 13, Sat 19
Doors open 30 minutes before performances
COVID Safe Conditions of Entry
The safety of our community is of paramount importance. We have put measures in place to prioritise the health and well-being of everyone. All visitors are asked to sanitise their hands on arrival and exercise proper social distancing while on site.
You are not permitted to enter Maitland Repertory Theatre if you:
- are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever)
- have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious)
- are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
- reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
- have returned from international travel and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days